Irons are one of the few home appliances things which are required by most of the peoples in their everyday life. Because Nobody likes to wear messy clothes in their office, home, etc. So, In this post, I will provide you a complete guide from “what is steam iron?” To “how to choose the best steam Iron?” & I have also listed best Steam Irons which are available to buy online in India.
Its a good decision to buy a new Iron for you. But don’t just buy another iron like your old one Instead try some latest models which give you better ironing clothes with ease.
Steam Irons differs from regular Irons as they also used steam to eliminates wrinkles from clothes. Steam is evaporated water from the heat of the element. It helps in quickly remove stubborn creases without overheating clothes or affecting quality.
How to Choose Best Steam Iron
Here I have listed some features which you can look into your iron. These are must have features, and you should have a look at these feature before buying any Iron.
- Temperature & Steam Controls – Before selecting any steam Iron make sure it has different temp controls for the different mood of ironing. It should also have different steam settings because you don’t always have the same type of cloth.
- Soleplate – It is the base plate made of metal which comes directly in contact with clothes. There are two types of soleplates available stainless steel & ceramic Irons. Ceramic plates are suitable for even heat distribution. But they don’t have more dissimilarities. The main advantage to ceramic plates is their tendency to eliminate static even at high temperatures.
- Wattage – More wattage directly represents more power and ability to attain high temperature for Ironing quickly.
10 Best Steam Irons in 2017 to Buy Online
1. Philips GC4865/02 2400 Watt Iron
Philips GC4865 is the most advanced model of steam iron from Philips. It is a 2400 watt iron with lots of features like safety auto off, 200g steam boost, etc. Let’s have a look at its specifications.
- Steam output is 50gm/min
- Steamglide Plus soleplate
- Double active antical scale buster pills and filter
- Vertical steam with 350ml water tank
- Electronic safety shut-off function available
2. Philips GC2840 2200-Watt Steam Iron
It is the second best steam iron which I recommend you. It is a 2200 watt steam iron with comfortable design & looks. Detailed specifications are mentioned below.
- Continuous steam up to 32 gram/min for better crease removal
- 100g steam boost to remove stubborn creases easily
- Steamglide soleplate is Philips premium soleplate
- Drip-stop system keeps your garments spotless while ironing
- The pills break down calc so you can flush away quickly
- Calc clean slider to quickly remove scale out of your iron
3. Philips GC1010 Iron
Philips GC1010 is the king in budget steam irons. Because it is best, product one can get under 1000 rupees. It is bestseller product on Amazon India in Steam Iron category. No wonder why it is the bestseller, It just provides almost all necessary features at such a low price.
- Linished soleplate
- Continuous steam of 15 gram/min
- Thin soleplate for better heating
- Vent design for uniform steam
- Calc clean to prevent your iron from scale build up
- Iron temperature-ready light
4. Philips GC1905 Iron
GC1905 has 1440 watt steam iron which can provide continues steam up to 13g/min. It is the second most sold Steam Iron on Amazon.in after GC1010.
- Easy and super fast filling & emptying of the water tank.
- Continuous steam output up to 13 g/min,
- Aluminum soleplate for easy gliding on all fabrics
- Power: 1440 watts; Operating voltage: 240 volts
Also, Check: 6 Best Ironing Boards in India
5. Morphy Richards Turbo Steam
It is a 2000 watt steam iron by Morphy. It has different premium looks and design which make it different from Philips Irons.
- 2000 Watt power
- Steam functions
- Temperature regulators
6. Bajaj Majesty MX 3 1250-Watt Steam Iron
Bajaj Majesty MX3 is one of the cheapest Irons in this list with decent features. It came with 1250 watt power, steam levels and operated on 230V.
- Non-stick coated soleplate to ensure safety of clothes
- Water spray for stubborn wrinkles
- Steam output of 8.5 g/minute for better ironing
- Variable steam control
- Self-clean system
7. Philips GC1920 1440-Watt Steam Iron
It is another great model by Philips with 1440 watt power capacity.
- Golden American Heritage coating for easy gliding
- A fine spray evenly moistens the fabric
- Continuous steam up to 17 g/min for better crease removal
- Easy and super fast filling & emptying of the water tank
8. Morphy Richards Super Glide 2000-Watt Steam Iron
Super Glide has some significant advantageous features like 150gram / minute steam shots which are way more than other steam irons at this price. Check out it’s more detailed specifications.
- Extra large water tank of 350ml
- Variable steam control
- Power: 2000Watt
- 11gm of continuous steam
- Powerful steam Shots – 150gm/min
- Vertical ironing, self-cleaning with anti-calc function
- Premium ceramic coated soleplate for life long and smooth ironing
9. Havells Sparkle 1250-Watt Steam Iron
It has old classy looking design and color. It’s also a Steam Iron with 1250 watt power capacity.
- Dry/steam ironing
- Vertical burst of steam and 230ml water tank capacity
- Non-stick coated soleplate
- Adjustable thermostatic control
- Overheat safety protection circuit
- 15g per minute steam
10. Orpat OEI-607 1100-Watt Steam Iron
Orpat OEI-607 is the cheapest Steam Iron in this list. It amaze us with this price tag and still managed to get in the top 10 steam irons. It doesn’t have large functions or quality but if you can manage with this its a great deal at only 696/- rupees.
- Variable heat setting thermostat control
- Steam on/off button
- With water filling cover
- Translucent water level window with indicator light
- Safety cut out
- Non-stick sole plate
- Leak proof water tank
- It does not have a steam regulator or levels.
Hence, These are India’s top rated most sold steam irons with a great set of functions available. You can choose anyone from the above list according to your preference. For your convenience, I have given links to Amazon & Flipkart for each product. So, you don’t need to search each product just click on the buy now link after the description.