Irons are one of the few home appliances things which are required by most of the people in their everyday life. Because Nobody likes to wear messy clothes in their office, home, etc. So, In this post, I will provide you a complete guide from “what is steam iron?” To “how to choose the best steam Iron?” & I have also listed the best Steam Irons which are available to buy online in India.
It’s a good decision to buy a new Iron for you. But don’t just buy another iron like your old one Instead try some latest models which give you better ironing clothes with ease.
Steam Irons differs from regular Irons as they also used steam to eliminates wrinkles from clothes. Steam is evaporated water from the heat of the element. It helps in quickly remove stubborn creases without overheating clothes or affecting quality.
What you learn?
- How to Choose Best Steam Iron
- 10 Best Steam Irons in India
- 1. Philips GC3811/80 Azur Performer Steam Iron
- 2. Philips EasySpeed Plus GC2040 2100-Watt Steam Iron (Blue)
- 3. USHA STEAM PRO SI 3417 1700 WATTS (ICE BLUE) STEAM IRON
- 4. Philips GC1905 Iron (1440-Watt)
- 5. Havells Sparkle 1250-Watt Steam Iron
- 6. Russell Hobbs Steam Iron ES2200
- 7. Tefal Calore 1300-Watt Steam Iron
- 8. Philips GC1920 1440-Watt Steam Iron
- 9. Morphy Richards Super Glide 2000-Watt Steam Iron
- 10. Bajaj Majesty MX 3 1250-Watt Steam Iron
How to Choose Best Steam Iron
Here I have listed some features which you can look into your iron. These are must-have features, and you should have a look at these features before buying any Iron.
- Temperature & Steam Controls – Before selecting any steam Iron to make sure it has different temp controls for the different moods of ironing. It should also have different steam settings because you don’t always have the same type of cloth.
- Soleplate – It is the base plate made of metal which comes directly in contact with clothes. There are two types of soleplates available stainless steel & ceramic Irons. Ceramic plates are suitable for even heat distribution. But they don’t have more dissimilarities. The main advantage of ceramic plates is their tendency to eliminate static even at high temperatures.
- Wattage – More wattage directly represents more power and ability to attain high temperatures for Ironing quickly.
10 Best Steam Irons in India
1. Philips GC3811/80 Azur Performer Steam Iron
Philips GC38115 is the most advanced model of steam iron from Philips in this list. It is a 2400 watt iron with lots of features like 160g steam boost, etc. Let’s have a look at its specifications.
- Powerful Steam Iron – produces 40g per minute of continuous steam and powerful 160g steam boost for deep creases
- SteamGlide Plus soleplate – durable, scratch resistant and glides easily on all fabrics
- Double active calc clean – prevents scale build-up to provide longer lasting steam performance
- Triple Precision tip – perfect for easy manoeuvrability over all your garments
- Vertical Steam – iron out creases in curtains or hanging clothes
2. Philips EasySpeed Plus GC2040 2100-Watt Steam Iron (Blue)
It is the second-best steam iron which I recommend you. It is a 2040 watt steam iron with comfortable design & looks. Detailed specifications are mentioned below.
- Non-stick soleplate
- Drip stop system
- Steam boost up to 100 grams
- Vertical steam
- Triple precision tip
- Even steam distribution up to 30 g/min of steam
- Warranty: 2 years
Buy Now: Amazon | Flipkart
3. USHA STEAM PRO SI 3417 1700 WATTS (ICE BLUE) STEAM IRON
It is a beautifully designed 1700 watt model by Usha. It’s a reliable product with good ratings & reviews by customers. If you have a slightly lower budget you can also check out Usha 3412 which is a 1200 watt model.
- Steam Output of up to 20 gm/min for easily removing tough wrinkles
- Non-Stick Poly Teflon Coated Sole Plate for smooth gliding over clothes
- Overheat Safety Shut Off
- Thermostat disc for controlling fabric Temperature
- 1700 Watt for fast heating of soleplate
4. Philips GC1905 Iron (1440-Watt)
GC1905 has 1440 watt steam iron which can provide continuous steam up to 13g/min. It is the bestseller product on Amazon India in the Steam Iron category. No wonder why it is the bestseller, It just provides almost all necessary features at such a low price.
- Easy and super fast filling & emptying of the water tank.
- Continuous steam output up to 13 g/min,
- Aluminum soleplate for easy gliding on all fabrics
- Power: 1440 watts; Operating voltage: 240 volts
Also, Check: 6 Best Ironing Boards in India
5. Havells Sparkle 1250-Watt Steam Iron
- Dry/steam ironing
- Vertical burst of steam and 230ml water tank capacity
- Nonstick coated soleplate
- Adjustable thermostatic control
- Overheat safety protection circuit
- 15g per minute steam
- Power: 1250 watts
6. Russell Hobbs Steam Iron ES2200
- 300 Ml water tank
- Ceramic Sole Plate
- Self Cleaning Function
- Steam, spray, dry ironing
- Attractive design
- 360-degree swivel cord movement
- Thermal fuse for total safety
- Extra Long 3 M Power Cord
- Variable steam and temperature control
- Powerful spray, Anti Drip, Power: 2000 watts; Operating Voltage: 220 230 volts
- Warranty: 2 years
Buy Now: Amazon | Flipkart
7. Tefal Calore 1300-Watt Steam Iron
- Faster, Easier, Better
- 1300W power for quick heating and great results
- Steam boost 30g/min to remove even tough creases
- Spray for enhanced ironing convenience
- 12g/min continuous steam output
- Vertical steam feature for ironing coats, jackets, sarees, curtains etc
- Non-stick soleplate technology for added safety of your clothes and smooth ironing
- Continuous steam diffusion from the tip and side for crisp wrinkle-free results every time
- 150ml water tank capacity that eliminates the hassles of refilling
- Anti-scale setting for scaling management and preventing ugly stains on your clothes
- Free movement with 1.8m long cord
8. Philips GC1920 1440-Watt Steam Iron
- Golden American Heritage coating for easy gliding
- A fine spray evenly moistens the fabric
- Continuous steam up to 17 g/min for better crease removal
- Easy and super fast filling & emptying of the water tank
9. Morphy Richards Super Glide 2000-Watt Steam Iron
Super Glide has some significant advantageous features like 150gram / minute steam shots which are way more than other steam irons at this price. Check out it’s more detailed specifications.
- Extra large water tank of 350ml
- Variable steam control
- Power: 2000Watt
- 11gm of continuous steam
- Powerful steam Shots – 150gm/min
- Vertical ironing, self-cleaning with anti-calc function
- Premium ceramic coated soleplate for lifelong and smooth ironing
10. Bajaj Majesty MX 3 1250-Watt Steam Iron
Bajaj Majesty MX3 is one of the cheapest Irons in this list with decent features. It came with 1250 watt power, steam levels and operated on 230V.
- Non-stick coated soleplate to ensure safety of clothes
- Water spray for stubborn wrinkles
- Steam output of 8.5 g/minute for better ironing
- Variable steam control
- Self-clean system
Hence, These are India’s top-rated most sold steam irons with a great set of functions available. You can choose anyone from the above list according to your preference. For your convenience, I have given links to Amazon & Flipkart for each product. So, you don’t need to search for each product just click on the buy now link after the description.