Hair dryers are one of the most required tools for hair styling of Men & Women. Choosing the best hair dryer to buy is also a complicated process sometimes because most of us don’t have any knowledge about its technology, features, working process, etc. So, In this post, we have explained the total information you need to know before buying any hair dryer.
It is used to dry your hair by blowing the high volume of air at high speed. You can also use heated air for faster results, and most of the hair dryers support various heat settings including cool air.
How to select which hair dryers are safe for your hair? Confused? Consider these points for comparing hair dryers.
- Wattage – It is the basic indicator of the power of a hairdryer. The higher the wattage of a hair dryer, the more heat it produces and the quicker it will dry your hair. But that doesn’t mean you should go for higher wattage. It also depends on your hair strength. If your hair is thick and healthy, then you can buy a high wattage dryer; otherwise, prefer medium wattage (1850 – 1300) dryer.
1000W dryer works good for men, but It is not sufficient for women with long hairs. Women can go for more than 1700W dryers.
- Prefer Ceramic coils for safe and healthy usage – There are two types of coil dryers available Metallic & Ceramic. The metallic coil is cheaper, but it produces a lot of positive ions, which tend to frizz up your hair and damage the follicles, which result in dull hair. We recommend you to buy only a ceramic coil (Ionic) dryer for safe and long-term usage.
- Speed and Heat Settings – Must ensure the hairdryer you select have high speed and multiple heat settings. It is a must-have feature nowadays and available in most of the hair dryers.
- Cool Shot – It produces a blast of cold air to set your hair after styling. It can be used for drying hair sprays, gels, and other products. Most of the dryers have this cool feature.
After considering these important factors and customer’s rating on Amazon, we have prepared a list of best hair dryers for men and women. Which will help you easily select the dryer you need.
Best Hair Dryers in India
1. Wahl 5439-024 Hair Dryer
Wahl hair dryer has the most featured hair dryer currently available to buy online. It is suitable for all types of hairs and usage.
- It is a 2000W hairdryer.
- It comes with two heat and three-speed settings.
- It uses Tourmaline technology (Ionic) to give hair a durable glossy finish.
- It comes with three attachments: 2 concentrators and one diffuser.
- The cool Shot feature included.
- It comes with the 1-year warranty from Wahl.
- Little heavier as compared to other dryers.
- Doesn’t have a foldable design
2. Braun Satin Hair 3 HD385 Power Perfection Dryer
Braun HD385 is the professional hairdryer for the pro looking hair styling. It is also a 2000W dryer with lots of advanced functions available. Let’s have a look at its features listed below:
- Ultralight 1800 watt dryer for convenient and comfortable use
- Ergonomic design for easy styling
- Two combined temperature/airflow settings for comfortable styling
- Cold shot to fix your style
- For easy storage- 1.8m cord for convenient handling
- It doesn’t have a foldable design.
Buy Now: Amazon | Flipkart
3. Philips BHD006 Hair Dryer
It is the best dryer in mid-range products with 1600 wattage power. You can buy this if you want a simple but smart hair dryer from a brand like Philips.
- Designed for quieter drying, Foldable handle for easy storage.
- Dual voltage for worldwide use, Easy storage hook for convenient storage.
- 1.8m cord for maximum flexibility, 1600W for gentle drying.
- ThermoProtect temperature setting, three adjustable speed settings for gentle drying.
- Cool Shot sets your style, Quieter drying.
- 2 Years Manufacturer Warranty
- No attachments are available.
4. Havells HD3201 1500W Ionic Hair Dryer
- Gentle drying with 1500w
- Three temperature setting (hot, warm and cool)
- Ionic care
- Less noise
- Concentrator with a fixed nozzle
5. Panasonic EH-ND11A
Panasonic ND11A dryer is quite a satisfying product for its buyers. It stands out in the 1000W category with Philips HP8100. Have a look at its specifications:
- Turbo dry and compact and easy to carry
- Two speed and two heat settings
- Tangle-free 1.8-meter cord
- Consumes 1000 W power
- Includes main unit and instructional manual
- The cool Shot feature is not included.
Best Hair Dryers Buying Guide
We have already read the brief points about hair dryer functions but to buy the right kind of hair dryer according to your hair texture you should have a deep knowledge of the technologies behind the dryers or blowers.
The diffuser is an accessory that you’ll get with some dryers that adds additional volume to the thin or low volume hairs. Even the curls will get a new life when it combined with diffuser technic. The key thing here is the separator should be thicker to prevent the natural weightage of the curls.
Love spiky hairs with proper line finish, that kind of hairstyle can be easily achieved with the help of nozzles as it concentrates the hot air to a smaller focussed area which prevents the fizziness in the hair.
The size of the nozzles may also very so prefer the dryer that comes with more than one nozzle as you may need variable intensity depending on the hairstyle you want.
Auto Shut Off
It’s a kind of safety feature that we believe must be present in every dryer. What it does is automatically cuts the power when the coil is heated more the required and prevent excessive heating of the air.
Weight & Portability
The size & weight might not be as important as other features but it’s a crucial one for those who travel a lot and have to keep the dryer with them. In such cases, the lighter & compact dryer is recommended. There are many products from Philips which fulfill such criteria.
I hope you’ll found the best product which you want. This guide on hair dryers will surely help you if you read & understand carefully. If you still have any questions left in your mind, you can ask it in the comment section below. We will help you choose the right one according to your use.