The pressure cooker is one of the most common cookware which presents in almost all Indian kitchens. What are the reasons for this popularity, ever wondered? It is famous because it has many advantages over non-pressure cooking. In this post, you’ll find all your queries solutions and a complete list of best pressure cookers in India.
A pressure cooker works on the principle of increasing temperature & pressure inside the cooker by don’t allow steam to escape. That steam ultimately helps to increase pressure & heat at the same time. The lid of the cooker has equipped with a pop-up road (or so-called Siti) which allows steam to escape when full pressure is reached.
Pressure Cookers have three significant advantages, and you are losing these benefits if you’re not using it till now:
- Saves time & Energy – Cooking food with steam pressure takes 30% less time and saves up to 50-70% energy whether it is LPG or electric energy because of shorter cooking time.
- Healthier & Tasty Food – Pressure cooking is a moist-heat cooking method in which liquid or steam is used to cook food and researchers proved that it is healthier than dry heat cooking because it retains most of the vitamins and flavors. It gives best results on foods that taste good boiled, braised, or simmered.
There are few points which you should take care of while comparing cookers; First of all, you have to decide how many liters capacity you want then you can move on & compare the same. The second most important thing is the base material of the cooker.
Mainly there is two type of material used Aluminium & stainless steel, Stainless steel provides more durability, hardness but at the same time, it is heavy and expensive too. Aluminum cookers are lightweight and available cheaply but not strong enough. Hard Anodised Aluminum is the latest modified form of Aluminum which makes it harder, more durable, and less likely to corrode.
Selecting top 5 pressure cookers is one of the most challenging tasks because it mainly depends upon your need & expectation from a pressure cooker. But still, we have managed to select five most popular with advanced technology cookers by best brands.
What you learn?
- Best Pressure Cookers to Buy Online in India
- 1. Hawkins Futura Hard Anodised Aluminum Pressure Cooker
- 2. Prestige Deluxe Plus Mini Induction Base Hard Anodized Pressure Handis
- 3. Hawkins Contura Hard Anodised Pressure Cooker
- 4. Pigeon by Stovekraft Belita Hard Anodized Super Cooker Set
- 5. Prestige Deluxe Alpha Outer Lid Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Best Pressure Cookers to Buy Online in India
1. Hawkins Futura Hard Anodised Aluminum Pressure Cooker
Hawkins is one of the most popular brands in manufacturing cookware. This model made of hard anodized aluminum whose benefits we already mentioned above. Plus point of this model, in my opinion, is its look it doesn’t carry the traditional old look, it’s quite premium.
- Made with hard anodized aluminum non-reactive with food, will not tarnish, stays looking new for years
- Base 6.35 thick stays flat, suitable for all cooktops except induction
- super fast cooking on average 46 percent faster than microwave cooking
- Fingertip steam cooking
- Inside fitting safety lid will not open until the pressure falls
- Material: Hard-Anodized Aluminum
- Capacity: 3 liter
- Warranty: 5 Years
2. Prestige Deluxe Plus Mini Induction Base Hard Anodized Pressure Handis
The Handi design is good to spread the heat all around the food uniformly. If you want such, it may be your best choice have a look at its specifications below:
- Made of premium grade Aluminium
- Designed for both induction and gas stove cooking
- Includes a pressure indicator for convenient cooking
- Heavy bottom for uniform heating
- Material: Hard Anodised Aluminium
3. Hawkins Contura Hard Anodised Pressure Cooker
- Hard anodized body with the stainless steel lid
- The black body heats faster
- Does not corrode or react with food
- Stays looking new for years
- Curved shape for easy stirring
- Warranty: 5 Years
Must Read: Best Rice Cookers in India
4. Pigeon by Stovekraft Belita Hard Anodized Super Cooker Set
Belita is a cook and serves pressure cooker kit having a unique and functional form inspired by traditional Indian ‘handi’ cookware. It is multi-use super cooker set comes with a lid and a strainer to ease in cooking and draining hot water.
- 3 liters pot and a transparent lid made of toughened glass with stainless steel rim that adorns to serve-in-style, preserving the aroma and steaming hot cuisine
- A unique strainer made of food grade stainless steel, to ease draining hot water after boiling during cooking
- The pot is made of virgin aluminum and given a premium scratch resistant, metal spoon friendly, ceramic coating and it is induction cook-top compatible
- The pressure cooking lid is made of food-grade stainless steel considering hygiene, durability, ease of maintenance and dÃ©cor
- A unique pair of user-friendly short handles on either side made of bakelite, make up for a compact dining ware
- Material: Hard-Anodized Aluminum
5. Prestige Deluxe Alpha Outer Lid Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
If you want Handi shaped cooker, you can also check Prestige Deluxe Alpha Stainless Steel Baby Handi.
- Pressure indicator
- Controlled GRS
- Alpha base induction bottom
- Handles with double screws for sturdy grip and durability
- Heavier body
- Material: Stainless Steel
Buy Now: Amazon | Flipkart