In the hot summer sunscreens are the only way to protect your skin from harmful effects. Especially for those who have sun sensitive skins, it becomes necessary to apply a layer of best sunscreen in India to be sunburn safe.
It’s also known as sun cream, suntan lotion, etc. in different regions. The primary function of sunscreen is to absorb or reflect the harmful UV rays coming from the sun in order to protect sunburn. The sunscreen also prevents the development of wrinkles, moles and sagging skin.
Intensity, effectiveness or power of the sunscreen is measured in terms of SPF where SPF stands of sun protection factor. The range of SPF selection depends upon how much time you spend on an average in sun rays.
In simple words, It’s a factor that multiplies your skins natural sun resistance capabilities. Using SPF 15 lotion one can stay as long as 150 minutes in the sun approximately but it also depends on skin types you can read more details here. So, choose the right sunscreen SPF according to your skin & exposure to the sun.
What you learn?
- Best Sunscreens in India
- 1. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock, SPF 50+
- 2. WOW Anti Pollution SPF40 Water Resistant No Parabens & Mineral Oil Sunscreen Lotion
- 3. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen Matte Gel, SPF 50
- 4. Lakme Sun Expert SPF 24 PA Fairness UV Sunscreen Lotion
- 5. Biotique Bio Sandalwood Sunscreen Ultra Soothing Face Lotion, SPF 50+
- 6. Himalaya Herbals Protective Sunscreen Lotion
- 7. Glenmark La Shield Sunscreen Gel SPF 40, PA+++, Broad-Spectrum UVA/UVB Oil Free and Dermatologist Tested
Best Sunscreens in India
1. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock, SPF 50+
Neutrogena Sunscreen is one of the bestsellers in the market and reviewed positively by thousands of verified customers. It comes in a tube shape and advised to apply at least 15-20 before sun exposure.
- Leaves skin soft and smooth
- Oil-free, Waterproof, sweatproof, resists rub-off
- SPF 50+ sunscreen to help prevent sunburn
- Suitable for both Men & Women
- Contains Oat Kernel Extract
- Equipped with exclusive Helioplex technology
2. WOW Anti Pollution SPF40 Water Resistant No Parabens & Mineral Oil Sunscreen Lotion
Wow is a well-known company for its products made from natural ingredients and this wow sunscreen also produced considering that fact in mind which makes it paraben free. The best part about it was its anti-pollution properties which protect your skin from pm 2.5 pollutants. You can read more about pm 2.5 particles in our air purifier guide.
- Shields skin from pm 2.5 pollutants
- Wow skin science anti-pollution sunscreen all-in-one skin protection against pollution, smog, and damage
- SPF 40 water resistant lotion
- Nongreasy and quick-absorbing formulation
- Nourishes skin and prevents darkening
3. Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV Screen Matte Gel, SPF 50
- Item Form: Cream
- Sebum Control Vanilla (Vanila Plamifolia)
- Soothing Horse Chestnut (Trapa Bispinosa): UV Protector
- Skin Type: Normal To Oily
- Suitable for Women
4. Lakme Sun Expert SPF 24 PA Fairness UV Sunscreen Lotion
- Suitable for all skin types
- Blocks up to 97% harmful sun rays
- Blends easily onto skin
- Moisturizes skin
- Prevents tanning due to sun
- Reveals instant glow
5. Biotique Bio Sandalwood Sunscreen Ultra Soothing Face Lotion, SPF 50+
- Suitable for Men & Women
- Made of pure sandalwood, saffron, wheat germ, honey
- The bark of the Arjun tree used to keep skin soft, fair and moisturized
- SPF 50 UVA/UVB sunscreen
- Water resistant retains SPF after 80 minutes in the water
6. Himalaya Herbals Protective Sunscreen Lotion
- Protects skin from UVA and UVB rays
- Contains Cinnabloc with SPF 15
- Application Area: Face
- Target Audience: Men & Women
7. Glenmark La Shield Sunscreen Gel SPF 40, PA+++, Broad-Spectrum UVA/UVB Oil Free and Dermatologist Tested
- Water Resistant
- preservative free, alcohol and dye free
- without color additives
- oil-free, dermatologist tested